The below information will be interesting for anybody planning to earn income from a website or to anybody who is interested to know how websites make money.
A few people have asked me: Why are you doing the site? to which I say:
1. I have a passion for helping educate people (particularly young people) about financial stuff so that they can become financially astute and one day financially independent.
2. In doing the above – I would like to earn income so that I become financially independent.
People also ask me – Does the site earn money? and How does the site earn money?
How the site earns money now
1. Google Adsense - (search adsense to see how it works) (I’m too lazy to find a link)
2. Donations - if you enjoy the articles you may wish to donate a small amount to us www.nomoney.com.au/donate
How the site may earn money in the future
3. No Money.com.au created Products and Services -I want to provide financial information for those with no money. The site will provide free resources (spreadsheets, etc.).
However – if I spend 10 hours+ making a great resource – I will probably charge for it.
4.Affiliate Income - where you click a link from this site and purchase somebody elses product or service. I only want to recommend products/services that I think will benefit YOU financially (not just because I could make a quick dollar – see more about this below).
No Money Affiliates
Currently No Money has signed up to be an affiliate of the below sites. (see also below affiliates where I write about how I only want to make money if it benefits you/doesn’t cost you anything):
(Please note that it is very important you CLICK the below links – so they know it came from nomoney.com.au):
Shop at Amazon.com! (so if you click this link and buy anything from Amazon – No Money will earn a small commission) – It costs you nothing but because we are helping Amazon get business – they will pay us a commission.
Aweber Email Newsletter Program Aweber is an email newsletter program which No Money has switched to. I started with somebody else but EVERYBODY seemed to recommend this site. What We Get If you signup – 10% of what you pay (Cheapest option is $19/month – so $1.9 a month)
(there are a few more but I’ll put them up later)
How I DON’T WANT TO EARN MONEY
Knowing how I Don’t want to make money to me is almost as important as how I DO want to make money.
1. I don’t want to make money by selling you expensive investment products/services that might not help you.
2. I don’t want to make money by selling you financial products (like bank accounts/credit cards) that are not a good deal.
In short, I only want to make money by helping YOU. Otherwise I would feel bad – and it would not be in line with my goal up the top.