Just thinking about all you guys using E-tax to prepare your tax return.
I think it is good software -but can take a long time to download it and get it ready to go.
I have put up Part 1 in Using E-tax here:
In the video I go through all the stuff you need to do before you start entering income and expenses.
1. downloading e-tax from www.ato.gov.au (you would think it would be just /etax2011 but it is not that simple).
2. Starting your file with your Tax file number
3. reading the ATO info
4. Adding your personal details
5. Prefilling your return (need a notice of assessment issued after May 2006)
6. Putting your bank details in
Check it out below