What do you get when you cross an accountant with a former stockbroker? (some good financial tips?)
What about when both the guys are dedicated to seeing young people live the life they want by educating them about their finances?
Answer: You get my interview with Scott Pape, the Barefoot Investor (for more about Scott see bottom of the page).
The Interview: Is in three parts
Click to open or right click ‘save target as’ to save the files to your computer/Mp3 player.
I tried to upload the full interview –but there is so much good stuff in here the internet just wouldn’t take it. (ok, maybe its because the file exceeded the upload limit).
What we talk about:
- A week in Scott’s life as The barefoot investor -Scott talks about going to USA and meeting Warren Buffett
- Scott’s upbringing and his first job as a stockbroker
- How if you work in a bar – if you are smart with your money you can be richer than those you pour drinks for.
- Simple way of saving – the Barefoot Investor ‘Mojo’ account
- Its not about the money – its about living your life how you want
- Books recommended by the Barefoot Investor (see below)
- Some good financial tips for young people including:
- Singles and those just starting out
- Stuff to check from the barefoot investor
The Barefoot Investor – Scott Pape
The Barefoot Investor, is a best selling book in Australia, and has been rewritten, translated and released internationally.
For four years Scott has also had a nationally syndicated weekly column in all major Newscorp Ltd papers, and is also a contributor to yahoo7, and Mens Health Magazine.
He is a television presenter and has appeared on Channel Nine’s the Money Show, What’s Good For You, and The Nest on SBS. He is also a radio commentator for Triple M, and a regular contributor to ABC radio.
A holder of his Australian Financial Services License, Scott’s passion is helping people with money. He spreads his message at corporate keynotes, schools, indigenous programs and prisons throughout the country.